Monday, August 5, 2013

Perfect Match

Ever since I was able to put sentences together, I have loved to make up stories.  When I was in the 4th grade, Thursday's were my favorite day of the week because that was the day we got to use all of our spelling words and write a story with them.  They were silly, and didn't make any sense, but to a 4th grader it was fantastic!

It wasn't until I was 14 when my mother gave me a copy of Jude Deveraux's A Knight in Shining Armor that I knew what I wanted to do!  I wanted to write romance!  I loved them and whenever anyone asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, the answer was always the same.  A writer.

So why did it take for me to be 37 to finally...finally get here?  I finally realized that I had to make it happen, and I wasn't going to magically meet a publisher at a restaurant, where they would beg me for my story.  I discovered the wonderful world of Indy publishing, and knew this is where I belonged.

I never had trouble with coming up with ideas.  I have an abundance of them, including four that are works in progress.  At one time, I couldn't figure out which one I wanted to use...until Jackson Smith.  I had a dream about a pro-wrestler being in love with his wrestling teachers daughter.  I woke up to write down the scene because it was so good, fully prepared to go back to work on the other story I was writing at the time.  Jackson kept creeping in with other ideas, and scenes in my head.  Soon I took off running with it, and now I am prepared to release it in September.  Someone asked me why this one?  The answer, it's the one I didn't have any trouble writing from start to finish.  Don't let the wrestling aspect of the story scare you off.  Honestly, it's just in the background.  The story itself is a love story about a man in love with a flawed woman and the woman trusting herself to love him back.  I really enjoyed getting to know these characters, and I think you will all fall in love with Jackson - I know I did.

Thank you all for joining me on this journey and I hope that you stick around.  Great stories are coming and I hope to hear from you.

xoxo
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment